How Does My Diet Affect My Sexual Health?
Table of Contents
Eating a balanced diet is important for our well-being – but did you know that food has a direct impact on our most intimate moments? Some foods may boost your libido, while others make you less interested in sex or unable to perform.
Have you experienced some unwanted changes in your sex drive? If you are concerned about your libido, eating well can improve your health and quality of life. A trained primary care provider in Las Vegas, NV can perform an evaluation of your health and nutritional sources. Read below for more information.
Can what I eat really affect my sexual health?
Yes! Food has an impact on our bodies, and that includes sexual organs. For example, issues like obesity and diabetes may be caused by a poor diet, and often leads to erectile dysfunction in men.
Another example involves high blood pressure and high cholesterol – two issues caused by a poor diet and eating too much sodium – which limits blood flow in the body. This is another contributor to erectile dysfunction in men. Women also need good blood flow to the sexual organs to become aroused and achieve orgasm.
Eating nutritious meals can prevent chronic health conditions and improve sexual dysfunction. While there is no one “perfect” diet, try eating a variety of foods from all food groups, including:
- Fruits and vegetables of all different colors (apples, spinach, and carrots)
- Whole grains (oats and quinoa)
- Lean protein sources (turkey, chicken, and fish)
- Healthy fats (avocados and olive oil)
Tips for eating well
There are several ways to improve your diet for better sexual health in Las Vegas, NV:
- Limit alcohol consumption: A glass of wine may lower your inhibitions and make sexual intercourse more engaging, but excessive amounts of alcohol may cause erectile dysfunction. Alcohol can also lead to unsafe behavior that leads to sexually transmitted infections. Try not to depend on alcohol to get in the mood.
- Try zinc: Zinc is necessary for the development of sperm and semen, and may impact testosterone production. Oysters are rich in zinc, as well as other forms of seafood, lean meats, eggs, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Zinc is also available as a supplement.
- Ask about arginine (L-arginine): This chemical relaxes the blood vessels and can promote healthy blood flow for strong erections in men. Walnuts, almonds, fish, and leafy green vegetables are all rich sources of arginine and can be easily incorporated into your diet.
How a primary care provider helps
It is possible to experience sexual dysfunction at any point in your life. These issues can be addressed with dietary and lifestyle changes, but it is important to rule out underlying health conditions. A primary care provider can provide a diagnosis and develop a comprehensive treatment plan moving forward. They may also provide guidance on diet and nutritional habits.
HEALOR™ is proud to offer a range of sexual health services for men and women. Our providers are experienced in treating many kinds of issues and provide top-of-the-line solutions that are specific to each individual.
Improve your sexual health
Sexual wellness is important for a happy and healthy life. Anyone experiencing sexual dysfunction should call a trusted primary care provider in Las Vegas, NV to get a diagnosis and discuss treatment options.
Board-certified physician Dr. Raj Singh understands that sexual health is a sensitive topic and provides compassionate and discreet services to all patients. Call HEALOR™ and book an appointment today.
Addiction treatment in Las Vegas, NV may include detoxification programs, medication therapy, counseling, or cognitive-behavioral therapy based on your unique needs. If you or a loved one struggles with addiction, don't hesitate to reach out. Call HEALOR™ to meet with an addiction specialist. Board-certified physician Dr. Raj Singh can get you started on the road to recovery.