WHAT IS ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
As we age or endure life's changes, our bodies may be impacted in ways we don't always enjoy. One common issue millions of males face each year is erectile dysfunction (ED). This condition, characterized by the inability to maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse, can usually cause men to feel embarrassed or self-conscious and dramatically alter their sexual life and health. Affecting over 30,000,000 people, the majority of men at some point in their life will experience at least a minor instance of this disorder. Thankfully, ED can be treated and managed with care from your primary doctor. At HEALOR Primary Care, our physicians take great care to address the concerns of erectile dysfunction and improve your sexual health. If you're worried about ED or would like to learn more about the innovative treatments we have available, schedule your one-on-one appointment at our Las Vegas, NV practice.
Erectile Dysfunction Reviews
"Professional staff with prompt responses and friendly faces"- R.G. / Google / Mar 11, 2021
"Great experience. The doctor listened carefully to my concerns then explained the implications of the symptoms I described. He then suggested a diagnosis and treatment plan which we will implement. All the staff were quite courteous and helpful. All in all, the visit was a helpful and reassuring experience."- C.S. / Google / Apr 27, 2021
"Dr. Tran is caring, knowledgeable and very professional. I am delighted to have her as my primary care physician."- N.O. / Google / Apr 14, 2021
"Good medical care, thorough and thoughtful, and professional staff who are nice people."- R.B. / Google / Dec 08, 2020
SIGNS and risk factors
Usually, the primary sign of erectile dysfunction is the difficulty of maintaining or even achieving erections. Along with this, some men also experience a decrease in libido. Individuals with certain medical conditions, like diabetes or Peyronie's disease, typically have a higher chance of developing ED. Additionally, being overweight, drinking alcohol excessively, and using drugs recreationally can also heighten your risks. Some medications may also cause ED, as well as any underlying psychological conditions that get in the way of performance.
WHAT CAUSES ED?
Erectile dysfunction is a commonly occurring condition that impacts more men than you may even realize, and the problem itself has many potential underlying causes. While a person's age is a large contributor to ED, there are a host of other issues and choices that could encourage the disorder to develop. Physical conditions or lifestyle habits that can negatively affect male sexual health and lead to erectile dysfunction include:
- drug abuse
- heart and vascular disease
- hormonal imbalance
- kidney failure
- liver disease
- neurological disorders
There are also a number of psychological factors that could make ED occur, such as:
- marital problems
- sexual trauma
- stress at work
- worry about sexual performance
HOW IS ED TREATED?
At HEALOR Primary Care, our team uses a range of innovative, nonsurgical treatment techniques to address erectile dysfunction by stimulating improved blood flow to the penis and improving your overall sexual health. Each of the options offered at our Las Vegas, NV are noninvasive or minimally invasive and can be completed in a relatively short office visit. Depending on your unique situation, goals, or preferences, you may receive any of the following treatments or even a combination of some or all of them:
- Certain medications can be prescribed to combat the effects of erectile dysfunction. The specific type of drug and dosage you receive will depend on your overall health and condition. Medications are to be taken as directed by our physicians or your pharmacist and can be offered along with a range of other options to ensure that you see your best results.
- PRP therapy is utilized during this procedure to stimulate collagen within the penile tissue and improve blood flow. To perform, an amount of blood is taken from the patient's arm and put through a centrifuge device, which separates the platelet-rich plasma and other growth factors from the blood. A special serum is then crafted, placed into a syringe, and injected into the penile tissue.
- Shockwave therapy utilizes gentle sound wave energy to address the vascular causes of erectile dysfunction instead of just its symptoms. During penile shockwave therapy, one of our physicians maneuvers a device over the tissue to stimulate the blood vessels and enhance flow to the area. This treatment can be done once or several times over the course of a few months.
Plan Your Procedure
REINVIGORATE YOUR LIFE
Even though it's incredibly common among men, erectile dysfunction can be disheartening and leave some patients feeling frustrated and not like themselves anymore. Thankfully, our team at HEALOR Primary Care offers a range of innovative solutions to help individuals experience relief from their condition and improved overall sexual health. If you've noticed any of the signs of ED and would like to get your intimate wellness back on track, schedule a consultation with one of our primary care physicians in Las Vegas, NV.
Erectile dysfunction specialists in Las Vegas
Male sexual dysfunction includes issues with erection, low libido.Read
Six FAQs About Erectile Dysfunction Answered
Erectile dysfunction treatment helps resolve sexual dysfunction symptoms in men throughout Las Vegas, NV.Read
When Should You Seek A Doctor for Sexual Dysfunction?
When you’re experiencing sexual dysfunction symptoms, seek sexual dysfunction treatment for men and women.Read
How Effective is PRP Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction?
PRP therapy helps treat hormonal imbalances that can lead to erectile dysfunction symptoms.Read